Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Pulitzers; Kinda Testosteroney


This week, the Pulitzers were announced. As expected. the number of women and people of color getting the award was somewhat tokenish. All in all, I counted two ladies and two non-white folks, although I could be off slightly cause some of the names were ambiguous gender and ethnicity-wise. Attention, Pulitzer Commmittee: Giving my idol-poet Bob Dylan a special citation, which is admittedly awesome, does not make up for the lack of recognition given to women and minorities.


But check out the board. Yeah it's diverse-ish. But by my visual accounting, even if the non-white people and all the women banded together, they would STILL be outvoted by the white men.

That's patriarchy for ya.

(thanks to Meg for encouraging me to blog this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment