Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Brooklyn Literary Sczzzzeeene...

So the New York Observer and a bunch of its sisters in bourgeois pseudo-intelligent snark are all up and writing about talented, famous trendy over-wrought wordsmiths with the exception of Jhumpa Lahiri who is a goddess among mortals literary folks who live in Brooklyn. Which is a pretty big borough!

As an Egalitarian Bookworm Chick, I feel it incumbent upon me to say something about this flurry of excitement over Teh Writerz.

All I can muster is, in the immortal words of Sacha Baron Cohen's alter ego Ali G at Harvard commencement, "wot, who cares?"

Seriously. Good literature, even occasional pretentious variations thereof, is interesting to this EBC. Real estate, on the other hand, is most definitely not. Unless my landlord kicks me out. Then it may be.

(And yes, part of me is just just jealous, and I wish there was, on this map, a satellite of the Brooklyn writerland up here in Morningside Heights just 'specially for ME, but maybe someday there will be and then I'll be a total hypocrite, so there!)

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that.
    Cheers, Felicia
    www.feliciasullivan.com

    ReplyDelete