Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Quick Link: Novel Repackaging

This combines my favorite topics, feminism and books, but not in a happy sense. Via the "F-word" an awesome UK feminist site, there's the backstory of the book "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" a new translated book from Sweden which is getting buzzed about A LOT a lot in the American book-o-sphere.

Essentially, the book is about domestic violence, in a major way, which is clear from the European packaging but NOT AT ALL from the American. The european title is "Men who hate women" and it features a bruised face. The American title is above, and it's got a naked back with a tattoo on the cover. Really interesting contrast. There's a nice discussion in the comments section of that blog, too, so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment