Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME


It was, errr, one year ago today that I started this mighty effort, this groundbreaking achievement also known as this blog. Yes, readers fair, I commenced EBC in the balmy height of last globally-warmed October 16th; it was way to test out my book reviewing prowess and try to recapture my glory days in the teacher-blogosphere.

Now of course I review books professionally (for a pittance, but still) and the blog has devolved into a feministy pop culture rant-fest with a particular fixation on a certain prestigious newspaper. The specialite de la egalitarian bookworm maison appears to be lots of broken links and nonexistent images and general creative disorder.

But enough of this blather.

As a way to celebrate my first birthday, I thought I'd take my dwindling readership on a journey through EBC's greatest hits--that is, the posts that have garnered me the most technorati linkage, the most hits, the most comments, the most chatter and of course, the most ire. So here goes:

  • I started off by drooling over the hottest men to have ever graced the screen in period literary adaptations: here they are in all their smoldering glory.
  • I live-blogged the Masterpiece Theater two-parter Jane Eyre and ruminated about madwomen in the attic.
  • I slammed Judd Apatow's ridiculous sexism as evidenced in "Knocked Up."
  • I skewered Hollywood misstep Becoming Jane.
  • I reveled in inanities, dissected superfluities and railed against hypocrisies.

Many happy returns to meee!

Hahahaha what a joke. Make yourself useful, Egalitarian Bookworms, and go read Mother Jones or something. Ima get drunk on some* champagne.


*metaphorical.

No comments:

Post a Comment