Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Happy 2009!

Returning to the grind after vacation is always tough. I spent today filling out invoices and updating the clips file on my website. Blargh. I'm already getting those bleary eyes and tight shoulders back.

On the brighter side, I had a wonderfully de-lightful vacation. Spent the first week in the snowy north--upstate NY and VT. It was sub-zero at times and very snowy, a real old school New England winter. Then it rained and the slopes turned to ice and I remembered we're living in a global warming era.

The second week I spent with family and friends in NYC. I made like my high school self and stayed up late/slept in every single night. Needless to say, I got none of my organizing-life goals accomplished thus, but I did consume lots of culture and get rested up.

Anyway, back to work means back to blogging, let us hope! I have lots to write about, not the least of which, MASTERPIECE CLASSIC SEASON IS UPON US AGAIN. Which means its time for my favorite thing in the world: literary mini-serieses. Mercy. I haven't caught "Tess" yet but plan to watch it online at some point Thurs or Fri. Anyone want to venture an opinion?

In honor of this venerable season of bodices, breeches, smoldering stares and ridiculous country dances, I'm going to re-post my classic series of lists honoring the best mini-series hotties, with potential addendum.

So look out for that in the next few days, as well as reviews of Beedle the Bard, Little Dorrit, and hopefully On Beauty.

xoxoxo.
/F-ette

No comments:

Post a Comment