Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Friday, January 23, 2009

1000 Novels To Read Before You Die

This new book-list from "The Guardian" ought to be called "1000 novels whose titles, just looking at them, will make you WANT to die."*
Book lists are great, and I adore them, but they're most effective when limited to 100 titles. This is just overwhelming, although it's egalitarian and includes lots of fun fellow-ette favs like Harry Potter, LOTR, and Bridge Jones.

I counted about 125 that I had read while scanning the list, which feels pathetic, but it wasn't a very accurate count. So maybe there were actually less than that! Anyway, here it is, in all it's listy glory.

*because you'll never get through them in your lifetime. Remembrance of Things Past + War and Peace + Finnegan's Wake= 997 other books? NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment