Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Another Year Older and Deeper in Debt



Hi readers! Instead of my any kind of passage of time reflective angsty birthday post, I'm just going to say that I'm 27 as of today, and very happy.

I have a lot of exciting stuff in the works this year, and even though I've been sick this past week I've been spending time with my beloved family, my twin brother, and my loyal betrothed one. My parents and Simon accidentally got me the same present -"Bright Star" on DVD, which I will cherish. They know me so well.

I'm unexpectedly without reading material. I have a few days to dawdle before I get my next review book, so I'm going to tackle something new and fun and unknown as of yet. Or I may just listen to my new ipod on my commute and zone out (thanks mom and dad!--yes I've been sans ipod for years).

What are you all reading during this dreariest of months?

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! My present is this comment... Last month, I read a fantastic novel, French Lessons, and I just finished Don DeLillo's new one, Point Omega. Also trying to get through a novel about the Haitian revolution, All Souls' Rising (purchased at Book Culture!), and a book of David Foster Wallace essays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:31 PM

    I'm almost done reading Emma. It is delightful. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:16 AM

    I'm reading Edith Wharton for the first time as part of a seminar and I love her writing! House of Mirth is both brilliant and heartbreaking at the same time. Her short stories have proved to be excellent as well. I'm also plowing through The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova which is not as good as I had hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. darbydashwood2:10 PM

    I'm about to start "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Niffenegger (author of The Time Traveler's Wife). Then I've got some Jane books to read: "Mr Darcy Broke My Heart", "Willoughby's Return", and "Jane Bites Back".

    I watched Bright Star the other day... thoroughly enjoyed it. Anyway, Happy belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:29 PM

    Happy belated, Sarah! Since you're about feminism and all things literary, you might give one of Joyce Carol Oates' books a try. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, anon. Indeed, I reviewed We Were the Mulvaneys at the onset of this blog-project... and I've also reviewed her stuff for PW. I have mixed feelings about her although I appreciate her place in the cultural sphere.

    ReplyDelete