Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Al Gore on the Daily Show...

I have never seen him so cogent, relaxed, funny, and wise. This man should be our president! Wait, he actually should be our president. Oh, dear.

My boy Al also made a (in his words) "highfalutin" metaphor that I had to share-- in medieval times [and Shakespearean plays, NB] the court jester was often the only one who could speak truth to power without "getting his head chopped off." Similarly, sez Al, Stewart and Colbert offer us true news in the guise of entertainment, while the cable pundits feed us empty, fact-free entertainment in the guise of news. It's positively Orwellian.

Video clips:

part 1

part 2

2 comments:

  1. How liberal of you. Censorship, the first step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. I've spent much of the past several years trying to forget that Al Gore should be our president, just so that I could gain back some small amount of faith in politics.

    ReplyDelete