Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, Part II.


So listen up. It's been TWO YEARS since I started blogging egalitarian-ly about books, and bookishly about egalitarianism. Thank you to the thousands of you who have stopped by (or maybe the five of you who have stopped by thousands of times, whatevs.)

Last year I did a round-up of my favorite posts of the year, and I'll do it again, with the caveat that it's been a less exciting blog-year, as my real writing career took up more of my time and brainpower and coherence. Also, the craziest change in a year of blogging has to be that last year I was still using bloglines, not google reader, and hadn't even heard of twitter or tumblr. Weird.

Nonetheless, this year has been marked by two really important, earth-shattering, life-changing happenings: The Jane Austen Season and the 2008 election.

  • As for the books that affected me the most this year: I adored Cranford (both book and series), ate up Twilight, and couldn't finish a bunch of lauded contemporary books. I was befuddled, confounded and bewitched by the perfection of the Gwendolyn half of Daniel Deronda compared to the saccharine philosemitism of the Deronda half. And speaking of British authors and the Jewz, I also tackled Ivanhoe!
  • Again, I reveled in inanities, dissected superfluities and railed against hypocrisies.

That's all folks. Happy week to you all and happy blogiversaries to Romancing the Tome and Suzanne R.

No comments:

Post a Comment