Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Sunday, June 07, 2009

This Week's NYTBR broken down by gender

Presented without comment, except for this link.

cover: male reviewer, male author

male authored books: 11
female authored books:5
male reviewers: 10
female reviewers: 6

I may be off-- I looked up the gender-ambiguous names, but there's always a chance of an error on my part.

This excludes the columns and letters.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, interesting. And don't men only account for something like 20% of the fiction market?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes think about how different the world of publishing and book reviewing would look if women's experiences were as valued as men's. It would be a shocking difference, I think. I can't even fully imagine it.

    ReplyDelete