Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Thursday, June 04, 2009

A Cranford Christmas?


For whatever reason, my Jewy-atheist Christmas-scorning sensibilites stop dead when they cross the Atlantic. I have no problem with treacly Christmas sentimentality when it's delivered in a British accent: as a matter of fact, Scrooge with Alistair Sims is one of my favorite movies of all time (God do I love that movie!)

So it is with great joy that I bring you the news, via Jane Austen today and enchanted serenity of period films (two sites I must add to my blogroll, and hat tip to the latter for the Judi shot) that a Cranford Christmas special is on its way towards being filmed. Yes, there will be more Judi and Imelda, more wonderful ladies of a certain age, plus new romance, a touch of local intrigue, and the usual and delightful Victorian hand-wringing over "progress." Basically, it will be all kinds of awesomeness.

And it looks like Cranford Xmas will be delivered to the Brits just in time for Chanukah '09, and will hopefully make it over across the pond by Kwanzaa '10.

No comments:

Post a Comment