Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Friday, June 05, 2009

Question of the Weekend: What's on Your Summer List?


Mine includes Moby Dick, DuMaurier's Jamaica Inn, a re-read of the Emily of New Moon books, the Grapes of Wrath, and a Sookie Stackhouse novel or five. What are yours? Share them in comments! And recommend as many beach reads as you want.

Other summer lists:
60 new books to read this summer from Jacket Copy
Summer reading: Killer thrillers ...from Salon
What's on your summer reading list? from Entertainment Weekly's PopWatch

Summer Reading List from Restless Violet

5 comments:

  1. I'm trying to read more spontaneously and just go with whatever leaps off the library shelf... that said, I have a copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies on hold. I'm making my way through Little Dorrit and American Wife (fascinating!) right now. In the next few weeks I'll read the books that caught my eye at the library today: some Murakami, Saturday by Ian McEwan, and Toni Morrison for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it. I just wrote a long comment, and it's gone Poof. (Poop.)

    Shorthand: Just finished Joshilyn Jackson's three novels. Need another one, please.

    Reading Chocolat.

    Just in from the library: Moominpappa's Memoirs by Tove Jansson; Rootabaga Stories by Carl Sandburg; The Fault Tree by Louise Ure (which last I don't even remember ordering).

    Planning to read Team of Rivals (Doris Kearns Goodwin) while we are traveling to Wyoming and Manitoba this summer.

    A friend just sent me Stephen Fry's The Ode Less Travelled - in an attempt, I believe, to persuade me of the virtues of rhyme, so I'll be reading that, as well.

    Shall I try posting this again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading "Firefly Lane" by Kristin Hannah and I've got "Tender Graces" by Kathryn Magendie on deck. Besides that, I'm just writing away!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only just started reading lists for the summer, I still can't quite believe it's upon us, the weather has been so crappy in New York, and in my soul I'm afraid.
    I just downloaded the latest book by Elizabeth George for my Kindle, Careless in Red.
    I will pop back in when I have a longer list. Cheers!
    And thanks for the links to the lists!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:13 PM

    I want to re-read The Mists of Avalon and also read the entire Dean Young oeuvre. And just a lot of Biblical scholarship as research for a novel I'm planning.

    ReplyDelete