Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

There's a Hogwarts Exhibit

This makes me really hanker for a visit to Chicago:

(via USA Today)


Harry Potter: The Exhibition takes visitors from the Hogwarts Express train platform through the Gryffindor common room, classrooms, the Great Hall, the Forbidden Forest and Hagrid's hut. The tour is populated with creatures from the seven novels by J.K. Rowling and six Potter movies: life-sized centaurs, Buckbeak the hippogriff, dementors, thestrals and Dobby the house elf. Along the way are vignettes featuring dozens of elaborate costumes and icons of the Potter universe, including Harry's magic wand and round glasses.
I have to confess that I went to the similar Lord of the Rings: the Exhibition at the Science Museum in Boston...all I can say is, it was freaking awesome and I don't regret the rather large ticket price AT ALL ;)

1 comment:

  1. I would consider going to Hagrid's hut alone worth the price of admission.

    btw, I heard somewhere (from a very funny tour guide in Oxford, I think) that the Great Hall was modeled on the one at Christ Church Oxford, but I can't remember whether it was actually filmed there. Do you know?

    ReplyDelete