Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

"Emma" Casting News from Mags

Extra! Extra! Read all about it.

I for one, am very pleased with the results, even the controversial choice for Mr. Knightley. I think this may be the Emma we deserve.

[Based on the comments thread at Austenblog, I may be one of the only people who admires certain aspects of Rozema's Mansfield Park film. I wrote my junior paper on it, after all. I don't think its stars can be faulted for the fact that the Edmund-Fanny relationship is made of fail, nor can Rozema be faulted for playing around with the source to put it onscreen--MP is in my opinion, all but un-adaptable as is, because the novel's pleasure is in its narration rather than its characters.]


I think we're going to need an "Emma" label for this blog soon but for now we'll just stick with the lolgwyneth.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, and yes, regarding Rozema's MP. I never understood all the vitriol directed at that movie, but I admit, I'm not too attached to the original work itself.

    ReplyDelete