Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Connection Between "Emma" and "Daniel Deronda"

The new Emma will star both Romola Garai (Gwendolyn/Emma) AND Jodhi May (Mirah/Ms. Taylor-Weston), reprising their on-screen pairing as rivals for our hero's love in Daniel Deronda. And this time, Ms. May will not be playing a tragic Jewess with a penchant for music and aristocrats. They will be fwiends :P

Mags also tells us that Natalie Portman is going to play Lizzy Bennet in R+P and Zombies. Rather than repeat myself endlessly, I will direct you to this post about my (and Charlotte Bronte's) feelings towards skinny magic/manic pixie dream girls who are cast to play enduring literary heroines.

Part 3 in an endless series of casting news from Austenblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment