Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Literary Links: Austen and Brontes edition

Austen-blog brings us news of two awesome P+P related projects we've talked about here before:


Meanwhile, Bronte-blog brings us news of a French teen Wuthering Heights obsession brought on by Twilight-mania. It's seriously amazing and one of the linked articles includes this graf;


At chain store Fnac, the novel is described as the "favourite book of Bella and Edward, the two heroes of Twilight!" Teenage fansites are buzzing with chat about the book. "Fan de bella" thought it was "GENIAL" and "couldn't stop crying it was so beautiful", while "Flora" from Strasbourg said she'd "adored" it for its "unparalleled violence", its "mad poetry" and "profound passion". "Bella is the dignified descendent of the romantic Victorian heroine, which is seen in her sometimes disproportionate, slightly mad reactions, which are reminiscent of a certain Catherine," said a third commentator.

GENIAL indeed.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I'm a bit horrified by the thought of a Pride and Prejudice musical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:28 PM

    I laughed my head off but I have to admit...I Loved how those French teens used their words. Those phrases will be rolling around in my head for days (and making me laugh each and every time).

    ReplyDelete