Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Feminist Cultural News Roundup

"Target: Women"'s Sarah Haskins is co-writing a screenplay for a film to be produced by Natalie Portman called "Booksmart." According to Variety, it will be about "two overachieving high school seniors who realize the only thing they haven't accomplished is having boyfriends, and each resolves to find one by prom."
Girl geeks of the world, rejoice! Unless the heroines are stereotypically asexual. But I have hope.

A great article in the Guardian about a group of farmers' wives in a mountainous region of Turkey who have formed a badass theater collective and are interpreting Shakespeare, among other things.

Speaking of pseudo-feminist flicks, anyone out there see the adorable "Julie and Julia" this weekend? I thought it was, for lack of a better word, delicious--particularly the fun first hour before the obligatory conflict was introduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment