Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's been a great month for Telly...


First the Olympics. Then the LOTR three night extravaganza. Now the Democratic National Convention.

And I have to say, even though I'm a hard-core political junkie, give me swimmers, sprinters or hobbits over politicians any day. Blah. (No, seriously, Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton rocked their speeches and I love them. But blah.)

On another note, the movies' airing combined with my Twilight orgy has led to the perfect climate in which to re-read LOTR. I haven't read the saga start to finish in (gulp) seven years, since my Freshman year in college when Fellowship came out on the big screen. Since then, the movies have replaced the books when I need my quick fix of Middle Earth. But for whatever reason, I've gotten anxious to re-familiarize myself with the backstory of all the characters and just geek out.

So I can't wait for that! I have a queue of books though. I just finished Daphne, the latest Bronte/DuMaurier novel-spawn, and I have a Binchy book and The Historian waiting for me. I'm hoping to hit Tolkein running around mid-September. It will be glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment