Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Anyone Want to Do an EBC Book Club?


Hi faithful readers. While cleaning out my apartment yesterday I found a trade paperback of Daphne DuMaurier's Jamaica Inn that I picked up as a beach read. Its extremely cheap price and quick, summery nature got me thinking that maybe some of you would like to read it too and then reconvene towards the end of the summer to discuss it, book-club style without the deepness. Nothing formal, just a fun way to read a good mystery and chat about it, compare it to Rebecca and talk about how creepy it was. I won't be able to start it until next week at the earliest which would give people time to purchase it.

If this interests you or you have a better book idea let me know. Otherwise I'll plunge into it on my own and review it as I always do, with no hard feelings ;)

5 comments:

  1. Frank Crawley1:06 PM

    ME! i will totally read this and comment along this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Works for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it last summer, alas and am currently pedaling through "Mrs. de Winter" by Susan Hill which is turning out pretty good in myho. I'm liking how she's catching Max, especially. He's all handsome and brooding with some sweet mixed in and then he'll flip from that into unbearable jerk-head. That's the impression I got from him in "Rebecca"...
    also, try to watch the "Jamaica Inn" film if you haven't yet. Hitchcock directed it and it's very fun to watch, especially because it's in b&w and has all the delicious shadows and contrasts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah. Forgot to mention that "Mrs. de Winter" is a sequel to "Rebecca". Ahem. If that wasn't guessed at already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm up for it. I'll try to find a cheap copy. See you when you review it!

    ReplyDelete