Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Oh Lord, A Literary Feud! Stephen King vs. Stephenie Meyer

Stephen King lays the smack down on Stephenie Meyer by saying the truth that dare not speak its name: specifically, that his compatriot at the top of the bestseller lists "can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good."

Ha. As a rule I think it's usually unnecessary to say such things. Her purple prose speaks for itself. BUT on the other hand, he's Stephen freakin' King, man, and there's no question that his style is better. Plus he has way more to say about the human condition than sparkly vampire lady, even though I loved her books [except for the fourth one which needs to burn in book hell]. So I say, why not have a pop-lit feud? Maybe it will help stimulate the industry.

1 comment:

  1. This is a DELICIOUS feud. I read about it yesterday. Have you read Stephen King's ON WRITING? I wonder if he sent Stephenie a copy. :D

    Hugs, JJ

    ReplyDelete