Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ovation's Tall, Dark and Steamy Series

Until the end of the week, Ovation cable channel is showing a series of shows they dub "Tall, Dark and Steamy." Basically, it's just an endless loop of a bunch of B-list, romantic/sexy BBC adaptations, including:
  • A "Madame Bovary" with EBC faves Hugh Bonneville, Hugh Dancy and GREG "Mr. Emma Thompson/Willougby" WISE (and yes we see his bare bottom).
  • A hilariously ribald "Fanny Hill" with an Andrew Davies screenplay.
  • "Wide Sargasso Sea," "Lost in Austen," "Cousin Bette," and "Dr. Zhivago."
Anyway, as Masterpiece is only once a week, those of you with cable should definitely get your mini-series fix on this week. Ovation is fast becoming my favorite go-to cable channel after HBO.

No comments:

Post a Comment