Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

RIP, Men of Letters

Within 24 hours, three great American writers have passed away. J.D. Salinger, Louis Auschincloss, Howard Zinn. Whether spinning stories about disaffected WASPs or digging deeply into the lie-strewn history of American social oppressions, they've probed our nation's soul. I've read works by all three of them, and been touched particularly by Salinger and Zinn, as have most American schoolkids who were educated in a liberal manner ;)

As twitter-user mhsteger tweeted: Salinger, Auchincloss, Zinn, on the great Amtrak-to-nowhere, swapping stories about that fantastic, sad, funny beast, America

No comments:

Post a Comment