Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Owen Wilson's Problems

..are arousing sympathy and bewilderment, while Britney and Lindsey will continue to get the most intrusive and negative coverage imaginable. It's "Owen's haunted side" vs. "Girls Gone Wild."

Now, I happen to love Owen. But for a long time, he's gotten a winking pass from the media for his partying and womanizing , a kind of acceptance which certainly hasn't been granted for bed-hopping starlets. Never have I seen in the tabloids the idea that this cute guys's promiscuity might be a cry for help --but had it been vice versa, sleeping around might have been seen as a "warning sign" for some troubled pop ingenue.

The double-standard at work everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment