Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Stephen Colbert--Closet Egalitarian Bookworm?

I can't believe that he invited Robert Pinsky to judge his completely absurd and hilarious "metaphor-off" with Sean Penn tonight. How literary of him. And how hip of our former Poet Laureate.

Stephen's metaphor for love?
"love is a full length mirror"

Sean Penn's favorite line:
"the moisture of George Bush's soiled and dirty underwear"

Stephen's promise about his so-called upcoming "hyperbole-off" with George Clooney:
'It will be the greatest event in the history of the United States of America." (get it? Cause it's a hyberbole-off. heeheehee. Someone knows his figurative language devices.)

I'll update tomorrow with the youtube clip if I can find it.
UPDATE: Watch the whole Meta-free-for all, right here!



And now, as per Stephen's wishes, I'm going to help make Pinsky's new poem the NUMBER ONE POEM IN AMERICA. Anything for you, Stephen.

Robert Pinsky Samurai Song

When I had no roof I made
Audacity my roof. When I had
No supper my eyes dined.

When I had no eyes I listened.
When I had no ears I thought.
When I had no thought I waited.

When I had no father I made
Care my father. When I had
No mother I embraced order.

When I had no friend I made
Quiet my friend. When I had no
Enemy I opposed my body.

When I had no temple I made
My voice my temple. I have
No priest, my tongue is my choir.

When I have no means fortune
Is my means. When I have
Nothing, death will be my fortune.

Need is my tactic, detachment
Is my strategy. When I had
No lover I courted my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment