Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Scarlett Johansen Hosting SNL.

For the first fifteen minutes, I couldn't figure out whether it was a repeat or not because literally the sketches were all the same shitty-ass crap from the last time she hosted. There's the racist sketch where she plays the ghetto girl and Kenan is her mom, and the sexist/homophobic sketch where Kristen Whig has the hots for Scarlett. So lame.
Quoth M. Twist:
What if there was a news anchor who likes women, and is ALSO a woman? what a brilliant concept. I know right. She's a Girl and she also likes girls.
Wow.
SNL has jumped the shark very, very, vigorously. And after a viewing of the clever action parody Hot Fuzz this evening, the comedown has been very, very, trying.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Was that scarlett johansen? Why did I think it was someone else that did the sketch with Kenan Thompson?

    I wasn't offended by it. I actually found it really funny and would say it was more of an argument for nurture rather than nature--the white girl can also act ghetto (with the reference to Justin Timberlake making it in a traditionally black industry).

    ReplyDelete