Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Monday, September 29, 2008

O, The Writing Life

I just came back from my first ever (creative, not journalistic) writers' conference, the Algonkian NYC Pitch and Shop extraveganzapalooza. I won't immediately say it was my first and last, but it's going to be a while before I hit another one. It was freaking exhausting.

But I did meet a genuinely lovely group of fellow writers (all women--the sexist pigs smooshed us into the same group ;)) and get some good tips...

I was the baby of the group, and the least far along the magical path of publication--meaning I haven't even left my doorstep yet. Which was actually a great spot to be in, because I felt like I was just absorbing the wisdom of my sisters in penning.

So we'll see what the future holds. For now, back to the freelance grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment