Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Literary Birthdays, Redux



Here's what I wrote last year on the occasion of Charles Dickens AND Laura Ingalls Wilder's birthdays.

What a great pair of authors, both of whom wrote long, epic and much-beloved tales filling many volumes, but who, in other ways, couldn't have been more different from each other as people and writers.


What are your favorite books by these two? I'd have to go with David Copperfield and Little Town on the Prairie (where Manny courts Laura--aww)

1 comment:

  1. Haven't touched Dickens (care to make a personal recommendation?) read a couple of Ingalls Wilder. I think it was Long Cold Winter my favorite.

    ReplyDelete