Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Canvassing

I spent this Saturday knocking on doors along winding country roads, neath the glorious autumnal foliage of New Hampshire. Nary a sound disturbed the tranquility there, save the occasional roaring of pickup trucks and epithets hurled at me and my fellow canvassers. JK, there were no epithets, only a few scary dogs, and a lot of polite, salt'o'the earth New Hampsherites.

This is my third election canvassing, and it's frustrating work, but it feels good do actually do something rather than just obsess over polls and cable bloviators.

I'm looking forward to next season, when I can enjoy the reds, oranges and yellows of New England as they blend in with the dark green fir trees--all sans the election-related pit in my stomach :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good for you. I would imagine that is VERY frustrating work.

    ReplyDelete