Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

And... She's out.

Whew. The Portman-meister is no longer playing Cathy in Wuthering Heights. Thank the literary gods.

LolCharlotteBronte
is relieved... for now. As for what LOLCB thinks about Ellen Page playing Jane Eyre, I think she says something like: "Genug, already with the Jane Eyre movies! Oy vey. Can't someone take some pity on Shirley already? Or at least do a nice TV special on The Professor? But," LOLCharlotte hastens to add, "if you must make the hundreth version, I do fancy that Juno girl. She's got Jane-ish spunk to her, if she's a bit too much of a pretty face. So what's new?"

(yes, I realize LOLCB as rendered above makes Charlotte Bronte appear like a cross between a yiddishe mama and a haughty brit. Creative license, people!)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:05 PM

    I am unspeakably happy about this development. Though I do like Natalie Portman, Cathy clearly calls for something different. Vastly, indescribably different.
    I wish her all the luck in the world on her new project, and I hope it is successful and leads her to many new parts that have nothing to do with literary classics.

    ReplyDelete