Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Waitin on a Sunny Day

Greetings, readers, from drizzle-soaked Manhattan. It's a perfectly gray afternoon and I'm procrastinating my inevitable trip to the basement to pick up my laundry. It's been a long March, filled with illnesses and malaise for me and all those around me (We're talking flus, monos, food poisonings, and more!) and I'm looking forward to

WHAN that Aprille with his shoures soote
The droghte of Marche hath perced to the roote,


I've been reading a lot of books for my gig at Publishers weekly that focus on women in various forms of distress. We really eat that up, culturally, don't we? Women going through crises and then pulling themselves together, weathering the storm. But I miss having a book of my own to read, and am going to buy some sort of fun fictional tome at Penn Station tomorrow before I go on my sojourn up to WAM (and yes, I am nervous for the conference but excited to revisit my favorite harvard square eateries, hopefully not entirely toute seule )

Other things I'm looking forward to:
  • Sense and Sensibility on Sunday night. This time I'm really going to focus, not like with Emma on Sunday when my friends and I yakked and shoved pasta down our throats throughout the entire thing. It was kind of boring, no?
  • The primary campaign being over. Please. Please.
  • Spring! The five minutes when NYC is not freezing or boiling.
  • My family's agnostic/atheistic/pluralistic/egalitarian/drunken Passover celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment