Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Don't Turn Out The Lights!

Sign BWE.tv's Petition to Save Friday Night Lights!  Keep the Lights On!

Now that the writer's strike is over (yay! solidarity!) a lot of us out in Dillon-panther-loving land have turned our concern towards the preservation of the best show on television, Friday Night Lights. As a non-athlete, non-texan, general nerdy jewess type myself, I can truly attest to the universality of the show. Simply put, it's a well-acted, well-filmed, well-written soap opera that also happens to touch on some of the deepest american themes: class, race, gender, relationships, and that ever elusive dream of stardom. It's just a beautiful, beautiful show, and I tear up at least once an episode because I care so much about these characters. The banter between the coach and his wife Tami, or Matt and Landry, the two misfit best friends, is perfect and hilarious and poignant. Tim Riggins and Smash Williams are twoof the most soulful, amazing young men ever. Julie is the most realistic teenage girl I've ever seen on TV in the post Angela Chase era. Blah blah blah. I love everyone on that freaking show, okay?

So what I'm trying to say is, basically folks, if you care about good art and its preservation, google "save Friday Night Lines" and sign a petition. Or two. And if you don't care--- do you really want another reality game show like "Deal or no Deal" frying up the airwaves?

CLEAR EYES. FULL HEARTS. CAN'T LOSE.

What Would Riggins Do?  Save Friday Night Lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment