Dear Readers,


I now consider this blog to be my Juvenelia. Have fun perusing the archives, and find me at my new haunt, here.

Monday, July 09, 2007

See Jane Run?


Looks like the magazine industry just got thismuchmore patriarchal and lame.

Jane magazine, which was a bundle of frustration for the feminist reader, nonetheless had some of the more incisive writing geared towards young and hip women around, particularly when it came to reproductive rights. It also always sported a sometimes silly but sometimes hilarious tone that's missing from all the other mainstream magazines. Now the field got even narrower--I can say that with Jane gone, there's not a single corporate-run women's mag I can read without throwing up. And that sucks, if it's not exactly shocking.

RIP to Jane and good luck to all its staffers.


See the gossip at Jossip, Gawker, Radar.

No comments:

Post a Comment